What Can I Do?
Cuireadh an leathnach seo i gcartlann ar an hAoine, an 9ú lá Meitheamh 2017, mar chuid d’oscailt oifigiúil foirgneamh scoile nua ag Gaelscoil Philib Barún. Is cur síos ar aistear go dtí an lá sin an t-ábhar iniata agus coinneofar é anseo ar son cúiseanna staire.
This page was formally archived on Friday, 9 June 2017 to commemorate the official opening of the new school building at Gaelscoil Philib Barún. The content herein is reflective of the journey that lead to that day and is being retained here for historical purposes.
There are a number of way in which you can support our campaign for a permanent school building, either through your association with the school or from within the wider Tramore community. We believe that we all have a part to play and that no matter how small or how great your contribution may be, it all counts. Below are a number of suggestions of activities that will ensure that the quest for a permanent school building is kept at the forefront of the minds who will ultimately make the decision.
- If you are unsure about the need for a permanent school building or don’t fully understand our campaign then read the Building Campaign section of this site and hopefully this will convey the importance of the permanent school building.
- It can be as simple as talking to your family, friends, and neighbours about the building campaign. Be sure to speak to people in your work community, or in shops while waiting for change or credit card transactions to complete, and try to build up some momentum.
- You can write letters to local and national newspapers which will help to highlight the desire and support for the school building on the national stage.
- Write to and phone your local councillors. Councillors are there to represent you but many people never interact with them. Talking to your representatives about your desire for a permanent school building will ensure that they in-turn will talk to higher political figures and keep the pressure on them. You can use our sample letters as a starting point.
- Write to the Minister for Education and your local TD’s. Nothing will happen if the government think that people don’t care. Highlight the issues – it’s essential that cabinet ministers know that the pressure is mounting for the new school building to be delivered. A list of TD’s and other public representatives for Tramore is provided here. Click here (Outlook users click here) to compose an e-mail to all cabinet ministers and local TDs. You can use our sample letters as a starting point.
- If you have the time and the passion, then get involved with the campaign directly. There is always room for one more person to help out and you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it can be to make a significant contribution to the campaign.
- If you run a website or partake in online communities such as bulletin boards then why not include a logo of support for the campaign? Copy and paste this code into your website or into your bulletin board user signature.
- Purchase and display one (or more) of our Car (Bumper) Stickers.