Coast Guard Exhibition
In an effort to provide the children of the Gaelscoil with an interactive and fun way of participating in the campaign for a permanent school building, a competition to design the new building was run within the school.
Due to the exceptional quality and high variety of the entries, and in reward for the enormous effort by the children and teachers, an exhibition of the school designs will go on display at Tramore Coast Guard Station during the months of May and June 2009.
The exhibition will be open to the public from Monday 4th May until Sunday 7th June 2009, with the official launch taking place on Thursday, 7th May 2009 at 3:30pm. The opening times for the Coast Guard Station during this time are:
- Sunday: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 5:00pm (closed for lunch from 1:00pm – 2:00pm)
- Friday – Saturday: Closed
A audio recording of some of the children giving their thoughts on a new school is also available here.
- Environment Minister to visit Gaelscoil Exhibition (Pilib Barun Blog, 27 May 2009)
- Permanent School Plans Unveiled by Tramore Mayor (Pilib Barun Blog, 25 May 2009)
- Tramore Community News features Coast Guard Exhibition (Waterford News & Star, 19 May 2009)
- Tramore Coastguard Station – a hive of activity (Munster Express, 15 May 2009)
- Gaelscoil exhibition for Tramore’s Coast Guard Station (Munster Express, 1 May 2009)